- In upstate New York, about 100 Falun Gong professionals are residing in a deceptive compound hidden by forest on 400 acres.
- It’s been expanding given that 2001, however locals in the area are growing worried over the results its latest growth could've on the environment.
- Inside, web access is limited, relationships are organized. Traditional medications are frowned upon.
- Falun Gong’s creator Li Hongzhi lives there, although he's not been seen for many years.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Surrounded by forests and protected by armed security, Dragon Springs is a haven for persecuted Falun Gong professionals. Couple of outsiders are allowed within.
About 100 individuals are stated to be residing in a 400-acre property in upstate New York, in the shadow of the Shawangunk Mountains. It’s indicated to be a capital for the estimated tens of millions of Falun Gong fans, members of a religious and political group maltreated in China, which calls the group a”cult.” Inside Dragon Springs, according to sources who spoke with NBC News, internet access is restricted, medication is barely used. Relationships are typically set up.
For years, neighboring towns like Deer Park have actually been trying to check the compound. Falun Gong leaders desire to broaden it even more. It wishes to build a 920-seat music hall, a brand-new parking lot, a wastewater treatment plant. Turn a meditation hall into a house hall. If permitted, the compound would go from housing 100 individuals to 500.
Here’s everything we understand about Dragon Springs.
About 100 people are said to be living in a 400-acre property in upstate New York, in the shadow of the Shawangunk Mountains. Falun Gong leaders want to broaden it even more. It wants to build a 920-seat music hall, a brand-new parking garage, a wastewater treatment plant. Turn a meditation hall into a home hall.